Functional Medicine Services in Pensacola, FL
Florida Health & Wellness Institute is here to provide functional medicine when conventional medicine and treatments aren’t quite delivering. Our founder, Dr. Jorge Peláez, is an integrative physician with one goal in mind: to provide people with consistent and customizable healthcare through a science-based approach. In a world where most practitioners are trained to focus on isolated symptoms, we're here to empower you to take a preventative stance to addressing the underlying causes of your health issues. Chronic disease is more prevalent than ever, affecting our society at an ever-increasing rate. By shifting the treatment approach from reactive to proactive, we can work together to find the root causes of disease while simultaneously promoting optimal wellness. At Florida Health & Wellness Institute, we work with you, not for you. Please allow us the honor of being your partner in health.
We offer a comprehensive 5-step process that is entirely customizable, taking into account the importance of psychology, functional medicine, and wellness practices. Dr. Peláez created this process as a way to provide each patient with a unique healing experience involving the mind, body, and spirit. By considering the five pillars of health – nutrition, hormone health, fitness, detoxification, and mind/nervous system enhancement – to develop each individual plan, Florida Health & Wellness Institute is capable of providing our patients with a signature program that meets their specific needs.
What We Do
At Florida Health & Wellness Institute, we promote a higher quality of life through functional medicine. Though we believe traditional Western medicine and its doctors are efficient at providing specialized acute care, there are voids in the current healthcare system that we can fill with proactive and holistic treatments. High levels of pharmaceutical agents typically create high levels of stress damage and should be viewed as a complement to integrative medicine, not an alternative. Through our integrative services, we can provide our patients with science-backed diagnostics that detect the early warning signs of slow-to-develop chronic illnesses. If you were given the power to stop diseases like diabetes, hypertension, cancer, mental illness, and autoimmune disorders, wouldn't you? Well, you're in luck. Florida Health & Wellness Institute offers many comprehensive services that are specially made to optimize and prioritize your individual health. Some of our custom-designed services include:
- Functional/Integrative Medicine: Functional medicine practices work to keep you healthy by treating your individual health needs consistently rather than when they unexpectedly arise. With an integrative approach to health, you will be preventing disease and illness from developing now, so there's no need to "treat" you later. When provided with the right knowledge and tools, your body is beyond capable of healing itself. Proactive medicines such as botanicals and other forms of nutritional supplements are much different than reactive pharmaceutical drugs that merely mask or suppress symptoms. Functional medicine works to address the root causes of illness by treating your body as a single system rather than a bunch of independent organs that are separated by medical specialties.
- Hormone Therapy: Through specialized lab testing that analyzes a patient's saliva, urine, and/or blood, we can create a personalized plan to restore hormone balance. At Florida Health & Wellness Institute, we treat male and female hormone imbalances through Bioidentical Hormone Therapy (BHRT). This customizable treatment is preferred over synthetic hormones because bioidentical hormones are identical to the hormones already present in the human body. Bioidentical hormones are derived from plants, whereas synthetic hormones are created using inorganic chemical compounds that have been linked to further health issues. Our hormone therapies find and correct the root cause of the imbalance, thus reducing or eliminating the symptoms commonly experienced by men and women whose hormones are out of balance.
- Weight Loss and Nutrition: With nearly 40% of American adults being overweight, it has become vastly important to incorporate a weight and lifestyle management plan into your routine. Florida Health & Wellness Institute realizes the dangers associated with being overweight and how proper nutrition plays a significant role in curbing weight gain. There is no one-size-fits-all program for weight loss, which is why we provide nutritional counseling and lifestyle advice to help you develop a deep and lasting grasp on what it takes to understand your body and its needs.
- Medical Marijuana: Medical marijuana refers to the medicinal application of the Cannabis sativaand Cannabis indica plants, which are now legal in 23 U.S. States under varying levels of restriction. Our certified practitioners prescribe this natural remedy for qualifying patients in accordance with the most current scientific studies. Research surrounding medical marijuana has discovered benefits in areas including immune system function, neuroplasticity, appetite, vascular function, digestive function, and much more.
- Aesthetics: The Florida Health & Wellness Institute believes that wellness is more than just health – it's a lifestyle and medical support system that allows you to look and feel your best. We offer Botox, fillers, chemical peels, and microneedling options to help patients look younger and healthier every day.
Who We Serve
Many of our patients have sought our functional medicine practices because they suffer from a chronic illness that their long list of doctors and specialists have failed to treat effectively. If you're tired of relying on conventional medicine and treatments that only seem to scratch the surface of your condition, we urge you to consider working with us. At Florida Health & Wellness Institute, we want to help you live a better life in every sense. Contact us today to learn more about our mission and proactive treatment process. We can’t wait to walk with you on this journey to health and happiness.
Not located in Pensacola, FL? No worries! We service many of the surrounding areas and beyond for your convenience. These areas include:
- Escambia County
- Okaloosa County
- Santa Rosa County