Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 9:00am-12:00pm & 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Fridays – Closed
If this is an emergency, please call 911. We will respond to all inquiries during our normal business hours. Thank you!
Functional Medicine at Florida Health & Wellness Institute
At Florida Health & Wellness Institute, Dr. Peláez uses functional medicine as a preventative approach to address the complexity of illness and disease. Though we believe traditional Western medicine and its doctors are efficient at providing acute care, there are voids in the current healthcare system that we can fill with proactive treatment. It is our mission to provide our patients with science-backed diagnostics that detect the early warning signs of slow-to-develop chronic illnesses. We accomplish this by optimizing physiology and creating a customized system that addresses the person as a whole by incorporating the five pillars of health:
- Hormonal health
- Mind/nervous system enhancement
Chronic disease is more prevalent than ever, affecting our society at an ever-increasing rate. By shifting the treatment approach from reactive to proactive, we can work together to find the root causes of disease while simultaneously promoting optimal wellness. Functional medicine is here to tackle the healthcare needs of the 21st century.
Dr. Peláez’s Promise
Dr. Jorge Peláez is a qualified practitioner in both traditional Western medicine and functional medicine. With decades of experience under his belt, he's finally found the secret to optimal health; and it's more than prescribing a medication to treat an isolated set of symptoms. With thousands of hours spent attending symposiums and conferences, studying, reading journals, taking board exams, reading books, and considering all the scientific, evidence-based information, Dr. Peláez was able to conclude that functional medicine was the best way to confront complex, chronic disease. As a dedicated functional medicine practitioner, Dr. Peláez spends time with his patients consistently. He listens to their medical histories and examines the interactions between their genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that could potentially influence illness and disease. By addressing sickness this way, functional medicine supports the unique health and vitality of each person. At Florida Health & Wellness Institute, we understand that you are a "one and only," and that's how we'll treat you.
“I always tell my patients that my approach to delivering healthcare is simple: I will never recommend for my patients anything that I would not do for my family or myself. I believe there are voids in our healthcare system that I would like to fill.” – Dr. Jorge Peláez
The Service We Provide for Optimal Wellness
If you've gone through countless treatments and medications that have done nothing but temporarily mask your symptoms, we encourage you to give functional medicine a try. Not 100% sold on the concept of a functional approach? Dr. Peláez would be happy to help you incorporate our integrative services to complement your traditional methods. These include:
- Functional/Integrative Medicine: With an integrative approach to health, you can prevent disease and illness from developing now so there's no need to "treat" you later. When provided with the right knowledge and tools, your body is beyond capable of healing itself. Functional medicine works to address the root causes of illness by looking at your body as a single system rather than a bunch of independent organs that are separated by medical specialties.
- Hormone Therapy: At Florida Health & Wellness Institute, we treat male and female hormone imbalances through Bioidentical Hormone Therapy (BHRT). Our hormone therapies find and correct the root cause of the imbalance, thus reducing or eliminating the symptoms commonly experienced by men and women whose hormones are out of balance.
- Weight Loss and Nutrition: With 40% of American adults being overweight, it has become vastly important to incorporate a weight and lifestyle management plan into your routine. There is no one-size-fits-all program for weight loss, which is why we provide nutritional counseling and lifestyle advice to help you develop a deep and lasting grasp on what it takes to understand your body and its needs.
- Medical Marijuana: Our certified practitioners prescribe this natural remedy for qualifying patients in accordance with the most current scientific studies. Medical marijuana researchers have concluded there are benefits to its use related to immune system function, neuroplasticity, appetite, vascular function, digestive function, and much more.
- Aesthetics: The Florida Health & Wellness Institute believes that wellness is more than just health – it's a lifestyle and medical support system that allows you to look and feel your best. We offer Botox, fillers, chemical peels, and microneedling options to help patients look younger and healthier every day.
If you’re ready to start living a better life that empowers you to take complete control of your health, let Dr. Peláez introduce you to the world of functional medicine. If you are not located in Pensacola, FL, no worries. Florida Health & Wellness Institute services many of the surrounding areas, including:
- Escambia County
- Okaloosa County
- Santa Rosa County
We look forward to walking with you on this journey to health and happiness. Connect with us today to get started!